Tuesday, March 13, 2012

To Catch A Quiche

I love to watch old movies and a particular movie moment that I love is in To Catch A Thief  with Cary Grant & Grace Kelly when he introduces his lunch guest to a quiche for the first time.  Quiche has always been one of my favorites and although I think it's reputation is that it's hard to make, I actually think it's pretty easy because of simple ingredients and it's all in one meal appeal!    You can always use what you have in the fridge or out of the garden to add variety and make it interesting.   

One of my favorite quiches to make is a Spinach & Goat Cheese quiche... see below and enjoy!  

Spinach & Goat Cheese Quiche

Ingredients:
1 bag of fresh baby spinach
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 log of goat cheese
6-7 eggs, beaten
Salt, Pepper & Tabasco to taste
1 pie crust (homemade or the frozen work well too!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Saute the onion and spinach until it softens and wilts.  Mix in the goat cheese.   Set a side to allow to cool a bit.   While it's cooling, beat the eggs and add salt/pepper/tabasco to your taste.  

Combine the egg mixture with the cooled onion/spinach/goat cheese mixture and pour into pie crust.  

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until quiche is set and  knife comes out clean.  
Spinach & onions ready to cook

I think Cary Grant would approve! 



No comments:

Post a Comment