Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Doomsday Cupboard

At this point in my life, my friends and family are quite aware of my ability to take things to a potentially crazy level.  I'd like to invite you into a little corner of my world of crazy, hidden beautifully in a cupboard in my kitchen.

Welcome, people of the blogosphere universe, 
to my Doomsday Cupboard.  (cue the ominous music)
The Doomsday Cupboard
There has been a lot of speculation about the Mayan calendar and the end of the world.  While I may not whole heartedly believe that it is happening, I do know that you have to be prepared for dire circumstances and crazy situations that may occur.  Some may call it crazy, I call it smart! 
Living out in the country, we do have the tendency to lose power and even though we have generators, it's always nice to be prepared.  I learned this the hard way, as I was stuck one time in a storm with no electricity for 2 weeks with nothing to eat but a block of cheese, hamburger buns and NO alcohol.  It was tragic. 
Life's essentials, including of course, hot chocolate. 
As you can see, there are the basics - salt, sugar, coffee, evaporated milk, flour, an assortment of jams, peanut butter and canned goods.  I also have a solar radio.   I am constantly adding to the cupboard and keeping up with it so it's always fully stocked!  
 
It's good to be prepared! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment