Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Special Project: Rug Cleaning

I had one of my moments this week when an idea comes to mind and I have to do it immediately.  Now you may not think that cleaning a rug is a fun task, but to me it was!   It involved taking everything out of the morning room, cleaning the floors and then beating the rug.  Again, some might not find this invigorating but it was right up my alley.  

The rug is an old Kermin from the early 1800s and one of my favorite things.  And even though it's colors have muted and it's mostly in shreds, I still love it.   I have been dreading then day when I will have to get rid of it and find an equally fabulous replacement, so for now, I cleaned it up and hope it will hang on for a bit more!  

Cleaning in process...
Percy & Peanut take advantage of the open space and decided it was a perfect location for a nap!

After.. hopefully giving this beautiful rug a few more years of life!   

1 comment:

  1. The key to your area rug looking its best is to properly care for it, insuring your enjoyment and pleasure for generations.

    rug cleaning melbourne

    ReplyDelete