Monday, September 24, 2012

Excuse me, do you have the time?

If you are a follower of this blog, you are well aware of my obsession to "collect" things.  Whether it's antique Christmas ornaments or green books, I tend to become enraptured with an item and then it's my mission to find as many as possible.  Enter the clock collection.  

For me, I feel most at peace in my home when the rooms, shelves and walls all have a coordinating "theme".  There is something about the symmetry of it all that just makes things "tick" for me.  The dining room in the Main Hall has wall to wall shelves that has red books, lots of brass and my collection of clocks.   Below are the stories behind some of these lovely time pieces.  

Found this beauty at a yard sale.

Another flea market find, I purchased an entire box of clocks!
 I love the Fleur de Lis accents on this one. 

If I told you where this came from, I would have to kill you.  TOP SECRET! 

My friend Deborah found this neoclassical clock for me! 

This mantle clock was bought on Magazine Street in my hometown of New Orleans.  

Another great Deborah find! 

This is actually just a clock face that I found at a flea market in Zurich.

Another one from the box of clocks at the market! 
I found this lovely clock at my favorite consignment shop.  


No comments:

Post a Comment