Monday, June 25, 2012

And The Winner Is...

By now, you know that I collect things.  Everything from garden books to christmas ornaments and more.   Well, I am not sure how it started, but many years ago, I started to collect vintage trophies.  I have always been drawn to them and over the years I have either sold or given most of my collection away.  But lately, I have started to pick them up again.  They have gotten very expensive and hard to find but I can't help myself.   

There is something about a trophy that exudes positivity, the fact that someone excelled in something and this intricate beautiful object was the reward.  Here are just a few pictures of my collection.  Not only are they used for display in my homes but also to hold pens, pencils and sometimes even as an ice bucket!   
A gathering of winners

I love the unusual hammered one and the low one behind it which we use all the time as an ice bucket!

Vintage trophies are beautiful but also quite useful

1 comment:

  1. You have a magnificent vintage trophy collection....I so love vintage trophies...and yes, they are harder to find now at reasonable prices!

    ReplyDelete