Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vintage Gardening Books

As you know, I love anything vintage and I also like to group things together and maybe go a bit overboard when "collecting" a certain item.  The story is the same when it comes to vintage gardening books.  I actually got on a kick where I had to find gardening books that were all green, of course to match the cupboard in which they live!    My gardening book collection resides in Whimsey cottage and is one of my favorite places to have a cup of tea and look through my books.

Whimsey Cottage - Garden Book Library
  
I love finding old obscure gardening books -
you will be amazed at what you will learn from them! 

Who wouldn't want to flip through "10,000 Garden Questions"? 

The book covers themselves are beautiful
The cover of a book that I got in France - gorgeous! 

As the "backsplash" of the cupboard, I have 4 beautiful etchings of all the seasons.
  Crazy to think that I got them at goodwill 15 years ago!  

I love adding pictures and small objects in front of all the books

My very favorite book - aren't the illustrations beautiful? 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection of vintage gardening books....you are right, the cover of the book from France is beautiful!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo lovely!! Gorgeous collection!

    ReplyDelete