Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Lovely Morning Ritual

Every morning before my day starts to get crazy, I take time to fix myself a proper cup of coffee or as Bockie called it "coffee milk".  When I have guests at the farm, it's even more delightful to share in this ritual with others!   
It's quite simple, but there are certain steps to my coffee craziness. 
The first thing I do is put on the kettle so the water will be scalding hot!
Then I grind the beans - my preference is a mild breakfast blend.
The coffee station
I always use a french press vs. a regular drip coffee maker.  Nothing against the later, the french press is just a personal preference.  We use the regular coffee maker quite often as well! 
Almost ready! 
Once the coffee is ready, I froth some milk in my Nespresso Milk Frother (best creation ever!). I use 2% milk as it really gets the best "frothiness".  As a final touch, I sprinkle some cinnamon on top.   And no regular coffee mugs for me - I use my white soup bowls that Deborah got me!  
A lovely way to start the day


  

No comments:

Post a Comment