Monday, August 26, 2013

The incredible egg

I have kept chickens for the past 20 years and can't say enough good things about hen keeping . The fresh eggs and manure (manure tea for plants) is the extra benefit. I have noticed a lot of people  starting to keep chickens in the city ,which I think is great. The closer we are to our food production the healthier we will be.
We think our ladies are very happy -they get a lot of vegatable scraps, this is what we call the chickens buffet table

They get plenty of exercise and love to dig around in the compost pile


A hen can produce an egg every 24 hours





This is one of my favorite ways to have eggs-often for supper- Soft boiled with cracked pepper and chives!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing!!! And Gluten free eggs.... I can eat those!! Yummmm

    ReplyDelete