Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Urn Embellishment

Everything gets dressed up for the holidays, even the boxwood urns that I have at the entrance to the Main Hall.    I start by adding all the greens that I have gathered from around the property.  One good tip is to wet the soil really well and the stems will go in much easier!   I stick them in all around the boxwood, about 4 inches down to really secure them.  Then I add lots of lovely holiday type items such as red sticks, lemons, oranges, holly and nandina berries.     The result is a lovely Christmas version of our urns at the front door!   Welcome Christmas!  


Before holiday embellishment

Adding greens to the base

Citrus, holly berries and anything else you can find! 

Finished product - a lovely entry way to the Main Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment