Wednesday, October 24, 2012

If Life Gives You Lemons...Use the Leaves!

We have begun to prune our lemon & lime trees in preparation for bringing them inside for the winter season and I decided there must be some uses in cooking for the leaves!    Below are just a couple of the uses for the leaves... I have found they are a great cooking accessory for a fresh but subtle burst of flavor.  I used them when baking chicken and also for some meatballs. I am sure there are many other uses that I am excited to discover!  


Rolando & Filiberto dig up all the citrus from our garden to pot and bring inside! 

I added lemon leaves to some chicken - it was subtle but delicious! 

I made some meatballs to cook and freeze and placed 1 leave under each meatball before cooking.  





1 comment:

  1. Excited to follow your blog, wonderful ideas, stories and great people!!!!

    ReplyDelete