Saturday, September 22, 2012

Welcome Autumn!

With today being the first official day of Autumn, I felt it necessary to really switch gears and embrace the new season!  I always like to "theme" the arrangements I have in the house with as many things I can find that match the time of year.   Now that summer is over, it doesn't mean that I can't have beautiful fresh flowers with an "autumn" feel to them.   One good tip is to place them around other items of similar hue like I did with some of our potatoes from the garden.  By introducing both the flowers and potatoes to each other, they become fast friends and look like they were made to be together from the start!  

The sedum are in full bloom and a perfect autumnal flower.
I paired them with hydrangea and goldenrod, a beautiful bouquet!
A new friendship - fall flowers and potatoes.
Beautiful on the counter! 

1 comment: