Friday, May 11, 2012

Spring Gardening

Spring is my favorite time of year...  I know I probably say that about every season when I am in it, but spring is really a lovely time at the farm.  Everything is fresh and new and the weather is such that I can be outside for hours at a time and the heat won't kill me like it does in the middle of summer.    

It's great fun to see the perennial gardens returning and it's even more fun to plan out new things.  A perfect morning for me recently was sitting down with my coffee surrounded by seed packets and planning out my next garden project.    I've also included some pictures of what's blooming and thriving in our gardens.  

A lovely morning of garden planning

Looking forward to getting into the dirt

The fun little perennial garden between the Hall & Whimsey

Very soft Gertrude Jekliy colors - lavenders, pinks, whites

Baptista or False Indigo -
my southern answer for delphiniums which don't do well here

Old urns give gardens structure -
this one filled with Hyssup & nepata

It's so great to look out and see all the beauty

Everything is so green and lovely

Just planted by the pool -  can't wait to see how it develops!  

1 comment: