Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pillow Talk

I think a fabulous pillow can take any room or piece of furniture from ordinary to extraordinary.  I have a million pillows both at Lowfields and at Sunset.  I am constantly switching them out and on the hunt for new ones to add to the mix!   Here is a smattering of some of my favorites... 
Crazy Quilted, Needlepoint & Cashmere in the Bunk House

A grand chateaux on printed cotton at Sunset

A great Ralph Lauren and a felted wool in Whimsey

Toile and Crewel pillows with fringe added that I bought in France

Illegal use of pillow as a dog bed and it's my favorite chintz! 

My oldest and most cherished pillow -
old velvet and silk with beautiful embroidery and tarnished gold trim

Tie pillow - crazy but fun! 

Another crazy quilted one made of super old faded velvet I found at Goodwill.
The ruffle is some Harris Tweed I bought in Scotland.  

This one was made by my friend Cathi from a scrap of material from a favorite dress 
Another Cathi creation - she took a piece of needlepoint made by my father when he was young.
Very special indeed! 


Fur muffs as pillows

Flame stitch and a needlepoint Pan found by Deborah

Bedroom pillows - yawnnnnnn

Floral vintage needlepoint

No comments:

Post a Comment