Friday, March 30, 2012

Hello Yellow... our home in Raleigh

Many of you have inquired about where we call home when not at Lowfields. Well, we have a lovely "city" cottage in beautiful Raleigh, NC.  Our escape to the city after being on the farm is a cheery one as you will see - my signature color for our city home is bright yellow!


How does one pick a "signature" color for a home?  I know it sounds weird but I always let the house itself tell me what it wants with the light, the style and the vision I am trying to create.   When I walked into this cottage 7 years ago, it was screaming at me to brighten it up and give it life. I felt like sunny yellow was only appropriate for this task!


As many of you know, I typically take things to extreme measures.  This is no different when I pick a signature color for a home.  I put it in EVERY room, even if it's a small detail.  I think it brings the entire home together and provides a much calmer atmosphere to live in.   We were fortunate enough to have our home in Raleigh showcased in Country Living Magazine. Some of those pictures are below, along with a few other ones that show the detail of my color theme madness!    Hope you enjoy a sneak peak into our city living...
Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


Country Living Magazine


One of my signature design moves - lyrics on the walls


When I decided on yellow, I picked up everything I could find...


Yellow pencils...


Yellow purse with bumble bee keychain...


Even yellow on the porch accessories! 


And you wouldn't think there were yellow tools - THERE ARE! 


And don't count out a yellow garden hose!  

1 comment:

  1. Your home is stunning!!!...It's no wonder that Country Living featured you!
    I love the black, white and yellow...ever so happy!...the Mellow Yellow..a fabulous touch!!...Love it all...

    ReplyDelete