Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Night Supper

I woke up early this morning so I could weed in the garden for several hours before it got too hot under the August sun. Unlike most people (especially who work on the farm), I love to weed. Much to my surprise, I found these tiny little eggplants had just sprouted!  I just had to pick them immediately and make them into our Saturday night supper.  

Baby eggplants fresh from the garden
Here is what I came up with... Roasted Eggplant with a baked potato and Lowfields beef.  

I roasted the eggplant with some extra virgin olive oil - very simply - just wrapped it in tin foil after drizzling with olive oil and roasted in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.  As my french grandmother Bockie would say, you cook it until it's done.   Splendid!  
The perfect Saturday supper






No comments:

Post a Comment