Saturday, July 16, 2011

For the love of cows...

Little did I know at the time, but a love affair was starting.  My husband was falling in love with cows.  It crept up slowly with me noticing a few cow magazines laying around the house and I realized that I was just going to have to accept it.  And in the end, I fell in love too.

Sweet cow eye

A neighbor kept some cows in our pastures from time to time and the interest grew from there. At the time, we would manage the pastures with our small suburban John Deere riding lawnmower.

I knew there were going to be bigger John Deere's in our future as we entered into the farming of  our own angus cattle.

Besides the grass/hay, farming cattle also mean miles & miles of fences.  We once again jumped in head first and all the cow infrastructure was accomplished with a great contractor and builder named John Payne.  We also installed automatic waterers so animals would have a fresh source of water.

Fencing from Cold Comfort Cottage down to barns
More on cattle life at Lowfields will be posted down the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment