Monday, July 25, 2011

Bedside Bouquets

Many years ago, when I really began a serious garden, I started the habit of putting a small bouquet by my husband's bedside. He always noticed and always commented..


Now, the first thing I do when we get to the farm on Friday evening is pick a small bouquet while I look over the garden and put it at it's proper spot beside the bed.  I also expanded the tradition to include all the bedsides of our guests at Lowfields.  


In the summer, there is ton of different options from all the perennials.  In the fall, the bouquets are lovely with the addition of seed heads and bright leaves. Spring is glorious with herbs blooming and lots of bulbs. And even in the winter there is always something in the garden -  rosemary, hellebores, or even holly berries make it quite festive! 


No comments:

Post a Comment